Monday, May 03, 2004

He IS the Enron president!

Just had to share this quote from a sharp Kevin Drum post over at Washington Monthly:

George Bush is, fundamentally, a mediocre CEO, the kind of insulated leader who's convinced that his instincts are all he needs. Unfortunately, like many failed CEOs before him, he's about to learn that being sure you're right isn't the same thing as actually being right.
Let's hope so. The true threat posed by Bush is not his lack of knowledge; it's the force of his conviction in spite of that lack of knowledge -- indeed, in the face of mountains of contrary evidence. This is the guy that, at his latest press conference, could not admit that he had made a single mistake in between September 2001 and April 2004:

I hope -- I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one.
Intentionally or uninentionally, the guy is brilliant at having it both ways. He admits that of course he must have made a mistake along there somewhere, he just can't think of one right now. Our humble leader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home