Sunday, September 04, 2005

Rehnquist Era Comes to a Bitter End

Rehnquist stubbornly rejected the progessive sea change that ended formal segregation (when, as a young Law Clerk in the 50s, he persuasively argued to Justice Brown that he cast a dissenting vote in Brown v. Board of Education , and he stubbornly rejected giving up his seat on the Supreme Court until his life was claimed by cancer.

I don't wish for anyone to die, but I can't find much sympathy for a man who entirely lacked so much empathy and sympathy for so many others, until the bitter end.

It is interesting that John G. Roberts also was a clerk for justice Rehnquist.

Was Rehnquist's minority interpretation of the Commerce Clause of the constitution in favor of finding the Federal Government was powerless to prosecute medical marijuana cultivation (when he had often in the past brushed aside his supposedly conservative view when the government wished to expand its authority in the "war on drugs")influenced by his certainly painful battle with cancer?

May Justice Rehnquist, and his judicial philosophy, both rest in peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

2:20 PM  
Blogger Jack Naka said...

I have a fashion bug.com site. It pretty much covers fashion bug.com related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

8:14 AM  
Blogger Tom Naka said...

Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my today health wellness
related site. It pretty much covers today health wellness
stuff. I guess you may find something of interest.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home